Welcome! Below you can find information on the daily schedule, 2021 operating calendar, enrollment options, tuition, and enrollment information.
8:30am-9:30am: Free play and self-directed activities (outside and/or inside)
9:30am-10:00am: Circle Time with Music and Performance
10:00am-10:30am: Morning snack and free time
10:30am-11:00am: Theme-based learning activity (Music, STEM, Literacy, Arts and Crafts)
11:00am-12:30pm: Free play and self-directed activities (outside and/or inside)
The preschool program is for children ages two through five.
Full-time, half-day: 8:30am to 12:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Part-time, half-day program: Three days per week, 8:30am to 12:30pm.
FAQ: Can I switch between full-time and part-time? Answer: Part-time spots are limited to maintain a small group size; therefore special approval is required to switch from full to part-time. You may upgrade from the part-time to full-time as I reserve the entire week for your child. I do this so we can maintain a small cohort of children (the same, small number of children interacting).
FAQ: Can I choose which days I attend? Answer: It is recommended the days be consecutive so there are less transitions for your child to deal with; however, there is flexibility to work around your needs. Once you choose your days, I ask you either maintain that same schedule or provide a two-week notice of a change of days so I can properly plan activities and other logistics.
Tuition for the half-day option is $100 per week.
Tuition for the part-time, half-day option is $75 per week.
*All state and county subsidized financial assistance programs are accepted.
Full to partial Avalon scholarships are available. To qualify, families must demonstrate a need for help: single parent, wait-listed for county/state assistance program, temporarily financial hardship, etc.
2021 Operating Calendar
Avalon will be closed for the below holidays and events:
- New Year’s Day – Fri., Jan 1st
- President’s Day – Mon., Feb 15th
- Memorial Day – Mon., May 31st
- Independence Day (observed) – Mon., Jul 5th
- Summer Break – Tue., Jul 6th – Fri., Jul 16th
- Labor Day – Mon., Sep 6th
- Thanksgiving – Thu., Nov 25th – Fri., Nov 26th
- Christmas Eve – Fri., Dec 24th
- Winter Break – Mon., Dec 27th – Fri., Dec 31st
- An application for enrollment is submitted over the phone or online via the link below.
- You will be emailed a welcome letter that includes current availability, answering any questions or concerns you noted in your application, and to arrange a phone interview. During the phone interview, we can arrange a time and date for the facility tour.
- During the facility tour your child must be present so I can meet him/her. The facility tour is designed to provide you with an in-person assessment of the environment and to meet me in a setting where you can have one-on-one attention. Due to this and to provide a safe environment for currently enrolled children, tours are done after hours only.
- For enrollment to be complete, a contract signing appointment is made where we review and the contract/handbook and licensing forms are reviewed and signed. Once this step is completed, registration is complete.
You can submit an application for enrollment here: Enrollment Application.