Welcome! Below you can find information on: eligibility, enrollment options, the daily schedule, 2021 operating calendar, tuition information, and registration information.
Children must be up-to-date on all required vaccinations per the State of California. A waiver for a TB test may be accepted from a certified note by your child’s regular pediatrician. A medical exemption from one or more vaccinations must be from your child’s regular pediatrician and include a health action plan / medical explanation.
Enrollment Options and Operating Hours
Full-Time: Monday – Friday*, 7:30am – 5:30pm.
Part-Time: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm. Options for a 3-day or 2-day are offered on a case-by-case basis as available. Please inquire.
*Early dismissal: 1:30pm on a Friday before the 2nd weekend and any 5th weekend of each month.
Daily Schedule for Preschool
7:30am-9:30am: Self-directed work and free time with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials and environment (outside and/or inside)
9:30am-10:00am: Circle Time with story and Music/Performance
10:00am-10:30am: Morning snack / bathroom time / free play
10:30am-11:00am: Arts and Crafts projects and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) activities
11:00am-12:30pm: Self-directed work and free time with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials and environment (outside and/or inside)
12:30pm-1:00pm: Lunch / bathroom time / story time
1:00pm-3:00pm: Nap or Quiet Rest Time
3:00pm-3:30pm: Afternoon snack / bathroom time / free play
3:30pm-4:00pm: Interactive Story Time* A temporary modification to our normal Story Time from 1:00pm to 1:30pm has been made to accommodate our distance learning program for November 2020 to March 2021.
4:00pm-5:30pm: Self-directed work with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials / environment and free play (outside and/or inside)
Daily Schedule for Infant Program
Per the State of California, an infant is defined as being between 0 and 24 months of age.
Infants between 0 and 12 months have age-appropriate materials and an environment to stimulate their senses, curiosity, and physical development (fine and gross motor skills). Infants between 12-24 months are introduced to age-appropriate learning via the Montessori program (self-directed learning with a prepared environment), developmental toys, and social interaction.
Infants–up to 12 months (approximately)–are fed and given a nap based on their developing needs. After 12 months, they are transitioned to eat and nap per the preschool schedule.
Avalon will be closed for the below holidays and events unless otherwise noted. Regular tuition is still due unless otherwise noted, such as for the tuition-free Summer Break and Winter Break.
2020 Remaining Closure Dates: Avalon will be closed for Thanksgiving Day and the day after (Thur., 11/26/20 and Fri., 11/27/20), Christmas Eve (Thur., 12/24/20), and Christmas Day (Fri., 12/25/20). These are paid holidays, so there is no change in tuition.
The 2020 Winter Break is for Monday, 12/28/20 through Friday, 1/1/21. No tuition is due for this week.
|Monthly on any Friday before a 2nd or 5th weekend
||Early Dismissal at 1:30pm (teacher in-service)|
|1/1/2021, Fri.||New Year’s Day|
|1/18/2021, Mon.||MLK, Jr. Day|
|2/15/2021, Mon.||President’s Day|
|5/31/2021, Mon.||Memorial Day|
|7/5/2021, Mon.||Independence Day (observed)|
|7/26/2021, Mon. – 7/30/2021, Fri.||Summer Break (no tuition due)
|9/6/2021, Mon.||Labor Day|
|9/17/2021, Fri.||Parent/Teacher Conferences. Early dismissal at 1:30pm.|
|9/24/2021, Fri.||Parent/Teacher Conferences. Early dismissal at 1:30pm.|
|10/11/2021, Mon.||(OPEN) Columbus Day /Indigenous Peoples’ Day|
|11/25/2021, Thur. – 11/26/2021, Fri.||Thanksgiving Day and day after|
|12/24/2021, Fri.||Christmas Eve|
|12/27/2021, Mon. – 12/31/2021, Fri.||Winter Break and New Year’s Eve (no tuition due)
Tuition, Fees, and Payment Policies:
Included in tuition: All learning materials and instruction, music and sport equipment, snacks and lunch, and total time of childcare whether or not you use the entire time and/or days (such as early pick-up, sick or vacation days, and holidays). *Not included are diapers, substitute materials preferred by parents, and special-needs items.
- Tuition is due in advance and is non-refundable.
- There is no deposit, enrollment fee, materials fee, or annual registration fee. ♥
- Subsidized programs are accepted – parents only pay for any amount not covered by the subsidy program.
- Tuition is due each Monday and may be paid through check or Zelle.
Full-Time Enrollment (Monday through Friday, 7:30am-5:30pm):
- Infant (newborn to 24-months old) and Preschool (2-5 years old): $175 per week
Part-Time Enrollment (Monday through Friday, 8:00am-12:00pm):
- Infant (newborn to 24-months old)and Preschool (2-5 years old): $125 per week
- 3-day $75 per week and 2-day $50 per week. This is offered as it is available (depending on current enrollment), please inquire.
- An application for enrollment is submitted by parent.
- You will be emailed your application status to let you know about the availability of a spot, to answer any questions submitted on application, and to arrange a phone interview.
- A phone interview will first happen to answer your questions about the program, facility, and teachers. During this interview, we will set up an appointment for a facility tour. *At this time, all tours are done after hours with no children present.
- During the facility tour of the home, a registration packet is provided to your family that contains the contract and forms to be signed.
- A contract signing appointment is made and requires all parents to be in attendance. All forms and the contract is reviewed and signed. Both a digital and paper copy will be provided to you. Once this step is completed, registration and enrollment is finalized.
You can submit an application for enrollment here: Enrollment Application.