Welcome! Below you can find information on: eligibility, enrollment options, the daily schedule, 2021 operating calendar, tuition information, and registration information.
Children must be up-to-date on all required vaccinations per the State of California. A waiver for a TB test may be accepted from a certified note by your child’s regular pediatrician. A medical exemption from one or more vaccinations must be from your child’s regular pediatrician and include a health action plan / medical explanation.
Enrollment Options and Operating Hours
Full-Time: Monday – Friday*, 8:00am – 5:30pm.
Part-Time: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:30pm.
*Early dismissal: 1:30pm on a Friday before the 2nd weekend and any 5th weekend of each month.
Daily Schedule for Preschool
8am-9am: Self-directed work and free time with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials and environment (outside and/or inside)
9am-9:30am: Circle Time with story and Music/Performance
9:30am-10:15am: Outside Sports or Recess Games and Nature-Based Learning
10:15am-10:30am: AM snack time
10:30am-11:00am: Arts and Crafts projects and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) activities
11:00am-12:30pm: Self-directed work and free time with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials and environment (outside and/or inside)
1:00pm-1:30pm: Self-Directed Reading and Story Time
1:30pm-3:00pm: Nap or Quiet Rest Time
3:00-5:30pm: Afternoon snack. Self-directed work with Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Waldorf materials / environment and free play (outside and/or inside)
Daily Schedule for Infant Program
Per the State of California, an infant is defined as being between 0 and 24 months of age.
Infants between 0 and 12 months have age-appropriate materials and an environment to stimulate their senses, curiosity, and physical development (fine and gross motor skills). Infants between 12-24 months are introduced to age-appropriate learning via the Montessori program (self-directed learning with a prepared environment), developmental toys, and social interaction.
Infants–up to 12 months (approximately)–are fed and given a nap based on their developing needs. Between 12 and 24 months, they are transitioned to eat and nap per the preschool schedule.
Avalon is temporarily closed during the current COVID-19 pandemic, with a tentative reopening between October 2020 and January of 2021.
Avalon will be closed for the below holidays and events unless otherwise noted. Regular tuition is still due unless otherwise noted, such as for the tuition-free Summer Break and Winter Break.
|Monthly on the Friday before a 2nd or 5th weekend
||Early Dismissal at 1:30pm (teacher in-service)|
|1/1/2021, Fri.||New Year’s Day|
|1/18/2021, Mon.||MLK, Jr. Day|
|2/15/2021, Mon.||President’s Day|
|5/31/2021, Mon.||Memorial Day|
|7/5/2021, Mon.||Independence Day (observed)|
|7/26/2021, Mon. – 7/30/2021, Fri.||Summer Break (no tuition due)
|9/6/2021, Mon.||Labor Day|
|10/11/2021, Mon.||(OPEN) Columbus Day /Indigenous Peoples’ Day
|11/11/2021, Th.||(OPEN) Veteran’s Day
|11/24/2021, Wed.||3:30pm Early Dismissal (Thanksgiving Holiday)|
|11/25/2021, Thur. – 11/26/2021, Fri.||Thanksgiving Day and day after|
|12/23/2021, Thur.||3:30pm Early Dismissal (Christmas Holiday)|
|12/24/2021, Fri.||Christmas Eve|
|12/27, Mon. – 12/31, Fri.||Winter Break and New Year’s Eve (no tuition due)
Tuition, Fees, and Payment Policies:
Included in tuition: All learning materials and instruction, music and sport equipment, snacks and lunch, and total time of childcare whether or not you use the entire time and/or days (such as early pick-up, sick or vacation days, and holidays). *Not included are diapers, substitute materials preferred by parents, and special-needs items.
- Tuition is due in advance and is non-refundable.
- There is no deposit, enrollment fee, materials fee, or annual registration fee. ♥
- Subsidized programs are accepted – parents only pay for any amount not covered by the subsidy program.
- Tuition is due each Monday and may be paid through check or Zelle.
Full-Time Enrollment (Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:30pm):
- Infant program (newborn to 24 months): $190 per week
- Preschool (2-5 years old): $175 per week
Part-Time Enrollment (Monday through Friday, 8:00am-1:30pm):
- Infant program (newborn to 24 months): $150 per week
- Preschool (2-5 years old): $125 per week
- An application for enrollment is submitted by parent.
- You will be emailed your application status to let you know about the availability of a spot, to answer any questions submitted on application, and to arrange a phone interview and appointment for a facility tour.
- During the tour, a registration packet is provided to your family that contains the contract and forms to be signed. Once the contract, forms, and deposit have been received and reviewed by parents and provider, the registration is complete.
You can submit an application for enrollment here: Enrollment Application.