Story time begins with 10-minutes of self-directed “reading”–children choosing and looking through books on their own. The rest of story time is for the teacher to read three to four books. In addition to the Circle Time story, children are read an average of 20 different books a week. We keep the reading list to 30-40 books per month so that the stories can be reread multiple times.
3. The Bears in the Bed and the Great Big Storm
by Paul Bright
4. What If…
by Samantha Berger and Mike Curato
5. Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories: Includes 12 Groovy Stories!
by James Dean
8. Pete the Cat and the New Guy
by James Dean and Kimberly Dean
9. Big Bear, Small Mouse (The Bear Books)
10. Oliver’s Tree
by Kit Chase
18. Virgil & Owen
21.Run, Elephant, Run: An Indonesian Rainforest Adventure
23. The Lonely Giant
25. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Book